Built With Spin
- Like Button
- Social App
- Static Content Server
- URL Shortener and QR Code Generator
- Content Management System (CMS)
- The Finicky Whiskers Game
- Accessing External APIs
- Next Steps
Spin can be used to build many different types of applications. The following blog articles show how different applications are built with Spin.
The ‘Building a Social App with Spin’ series covers the process and decision-making of building an authenticated, dynamic, database-backed application and API, right the way from downloading Spin and setting up the project to deploying the finished application to the cloud.
- Part 1: Project Setup and first API
- Part 2: Vue.js App and Token Verification
- Part 3: Post API and Spin SDK Bindings
- Part 3.5: Go Postgres Usage
- Part 4: Key-Value Storage and Fermyon Cloud
Static Content Server
URL Shortener and QR Code Generator
Content Management System (CMS)
The Finicky Whiskers Game
The ‘Finicky Whiskers’ series covers the journey of creating a game with an architecture designed to re-think microservices and showcase how WebAssembly modules can be started, executed, and shut down in the blink of an eye.
Finicky Whiskers was built to be the world’s most adorable manual load generator, so it’s not necessarily an model of how to use Spin most efficiently! But the series may be useful for decomposing an application into Spin microservices, and as a look at how Spin and containers can work together. As a bonus, if you are interested, you can play the game here.
- Part 1: The World’s Most Adorable Manual Load Generator
- Part 2: Serving the HTML, CSS, and Static Assets
- Part 3: The Microservices
- Part 4: Spin, Containers, Nomad, and Infrastructure
Accessing External APIs
Chances are whatever you are building will want to talk to other endpoints on the web. If so, Spin’s HTTP library can help. The following article explains how to access external APIs from within Spin applications.
- Try running your application locally
- Learn about how to configure your application at runtime
- Look up details in the application manifest reference
- Try deploying a Spin application to the Fermyon Cloud